In case you missed it, MFD3 was an opportunity to reevaluate my opinion on the Aircheck G2 and LinkRunner G2. After my experiences at MFD2, I was no longer openly hostile towards the tools and saw that there was a legitimate desire to be open, fill the needs of users, and provide regular updates with new features.
As someone who identifies explicitly as a Wireless Network Engineer, the AirCheck G2 has been on my radar for a while, so I was interested, maybe even excited, about the opportunity to see the latest updates.
The AirCheck G2 v3.0 update adds:
- Over-the-Network firmware updates – Sadly the V3.0 software update will have to be loaded from a PC, but from that point forward, a user with an active support contract can update the device directly.
- Over-the-Network profile sharing – If your organization has more than one AirCheck G2, you can now ensure that everyone is testing using the same profile, all over-the-air through Link-Live.
- Improved Link-Live interaction – manage device profiles, get test results, packet captures, etc.
- Improved Locator Tool accuracy the Locator Tool now uses all three radio chains to enhance signal strength and accuracy
- Enhanced AP name support – can now read AP names from Aerohive, Aruba, Cisco, Extreme Networks, and Huawei
- Improved iPerf test performance – can now test using iPerf2, up to 300Mbps
- Improved packet capture workflow – now users can be particular regarding the type of traffic they want to capture
- Voice VLAN on ethernet test – if there is a voice VLAN assigned to the ethernet port, it will be displayed
- Import certificates with a thumb drive – This simplifies importing certificates and is especially crucial for wireless engineers who might work at various customer sites.
- Static IP’s can be assigned to the ethernet port
- Other updates, which you should watch the video to see:
So, have I changed my mind? Am I ready to own a LinkSprinter G2 or AirCheck G2? Well, I think we should discuss Link-Live. That definitely factors into my decision.
Pingback: MFD3 – LinkRunner G2 v2.0 Update | It must be the network…
Pingback: MFD3 – AirCheck G2 V3.0 Announcement - Tech Field Day
Pingback: MFD3 – Huge updates for AirCheck G2 and LinkRunner G2; then Netscout announces their sale | It must be the network…
Pingback: MFD3 – Link-Live Updates | It must be the network…